Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving



We had a very nice Thanksgiving.  We went down to Hector's parents' house Thursday morning after Hector played in the turkey bowl.  He hurt his back and acted like an old man all weekend.  In the next picture he is humped over the foot rest heating his back.  He was pretty funny...but his back felt much better by Saturday.  The girls, as always, had a blast at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  We had great food and I am sure that Sienna ate an adult size portion of Turkey.  She loved it.  I kept putting pieces on her try and when we finally got up from the table, I expected there to be lots of turkey on the floor and in her chair ( she has a habit of being a messy eater), but she ate it all.  She did not drop any of it...she just loved the turkey. 


We got in lots of games of Settlers, relaxed, ate lots of pie and had fun watching the two girls and Eli play.  I love Thanksgiving and I am grateful that this holiday helps me to remember all the small and simple blessings I have in my life.  I am most grateful for my family.   I love my two little girls more than I could ever imagine.  I am grateful that they are healthy and happy most of the time.  I am grateful that I am their mom.  I am so grateful for Hector.  He is a good husband and father.  I love that he has a good work schedule that allows for family time.  I am grateful that he works hard, but at the same time he does not value his job above his family.  I am grateful that both Hector and I come from great families.  We love spending time with both families and we are both so grateful that our children have two sets of fantastic grandparents who are truly vested in their grandchildren.  I could go on and on about the aspects of my life that I am grateful for.  Heavenly Father has truly blessed our little family.

We came back home late Friday night and then went back to Hector's parents again on Sunday for more feasting.  It felt like we carb loaded all weekend, but the food was great so it was worth it.  Sunday we got to spend time with Phillip and Tim and Andy's parents. 

1 comment:

Anna and Marc said...

Hector, I've been there before. You have my sympathy. I'm not so sure about your icing possition.
-Marc