My mom was in town all last week and she left really early Tuesday morning. We had so much fun having her here. We stayed busy and packed in several fun activities. I love having my mother come to visit. I do not feel like I have to work to entertain her. I love just kicking back and talking; it seems we never run out of things to discuss. Even though we love sitting around talking and watching the girls play, we still found time for great Christmas activities. We walked around Occoquan the first day she was here. We had fun looking at the little shops. Natalia and Grandma had a blast at the Christmas shop; more ornaments to look at than one could ever imagine.
My mom has the same love affair with frozen custard that we do, so while she was here we dropped by the frozen custard place three times, plus we also had cold stone one day too. We even let Sienna have some and let me tell you; that girl was a fan from her first lick. She would get so frustrated if she had to wait to long between licks. Needless to say, it was rather cute. We got Natalia her own cone and she thought that was pretty awesome too.
The highlight of the trip had to be the theatre. I bought my mom tickets to Broadways, The Lion King for a Christmas present. We went of Wednesday night to Baltimore to see it. I had seen it before, but it was every bit as good the second time and my mom loved it. We were so excited about going to the show that when a good deal for another show came up that morning we decided to get tickets to that one as well. So Wednesday night we went to the Lion King; got home rather late after thoroughly enjoying the show, Thursday morning we went to the Temple and then Thursday evening we went and watched The Sound of Music at the Olney Theatre. We loved it and had another great night out (got pulled over on the way home, almost put an end to the fun but I got off with a warning, so all was still well). It was so fun going to the theatre two nights in a row. The next night my mom babysat for us and Hector and I got to go out on a date. Saturday night we headed back up to the Temple to enjoy the Temple lights. It was entirely to crowded to really enjoy it, but I am still glad that we went.
The girls got new matching jammies from grandma and they had fun being twins. Natalia has started to like having her picture taken. Sometimes she is stinker about it, but most of the time that I ask her to smile, she gives me this big goofy grin; the smile is so big that her little eyes end up closed. Now I have to tell her to smile, but remember to keep your eyes open.
| Natalia's goofy smile |
| Natalia was soooo excited to have Sienna ride the horse with her |
| The lights at the Temple |
| Natalia standing in front of the Nativity |
| Natalia trying really hard to smile and keep her eyes open at the same time |
Grandma also got to be here for part of our Christmas countdown activities. My sisters have been doing this kind of stuff with their kids for years, so we decided that this would be a good year to start a countdown with our kids. We are keeping it pretty simple, but we are doing a fun Christmas activity every day until Christmas. Natalia is really enjoying it, Sienna is pretty impartial, but she is having fun and it is helping Hector and I to make sure we do all the fun things with our kids that we want to do before the season is done and over. While mom was here we decorated sugar cookies, colored large Christmas pictures to hang as decorations in the house, read Christmas stories, watched a special Christmas movie, went to the Temple lights, went on a special shopping trip to Toys'R'Us and let Natalia just enjoy looking at everything for as long as she wanted, decorated the house, drove around and looked at Christmas lights, and I am sure I am missing a couple other fun things. It was nice having my mom here for the activities so that she could join in on the fun. We have really been enjoying the Christmas spirit and it is endearing to see Natalia get into this year. She loves to talk about Santa, Snowmen, and Reindeer.
| Natalia "helping" me make sugar cookies |
Sienna has been so much fun lately. She has started sucking her two fingers when we try to feed her. She also does it when she is going to sleep. When we feed her she opens up for a bite and then as soon as the food is in her little mouth, in go the fingers.
| Grandma and Natalia decorating cookies; well grandma decorating, Natalia eating |
3 comments:
It looks like fun. two plays in a weekend- so fun!!!
Thank you so much for making the week so much fun for me. And give those cute girls lots of hugs from their Grandma.
Love, Mom
I just love the posting. It looks like you all had so much fun. I love that nativity and with Natalia in front of it--I think the temple pictures are my favorites.
Post a Comment