Saturday night we set up our Christmas tree. It was so much fun. To say that Natalia was excited is an understatement. She could hardly contain herself as we pulled out all the ornaments. I pulled the ornaments our the boxed, handed them to Natalia, and she and Hector put them on the tree. We let Natalia put several on all by herself. All of her ornaments ended up clustered on just a couple of branches so naturally after she went to bed Hector moved a few of them. A couple hours after Natalia had gone to sleep we hear her come down the stairs and she kept saying, "Daddy moved my house (house ornament), Daddy moved my house." She was rather distraught, so we let her put the ornament back where she wanted it and then she went back to sleep. Silly girl.
Sienna was crawling around getting into all of the Christmas stuff so we had to move her the jumperoo while we worked on the tree, but we did give her the reindeer antlers so she would be included. She really likes the tree lights. She will sit and look at them, but I have been pleasantly surprised that she has not tried to pull at anything. Since she is crawling I thought this might be a problem, but so far so good.
Sienna is getting so big. I got out this music toy that Natalia really liked when she was learning to stand. Sienna loved it. She is cute standing all by herself. She is really wobbly and falls over most of the the time. Natalia loves music and she loves to pretend to play the piano, so the two have been having fun all week with this toy.
I wanted to take some pictures of the girls in front of the tree, but Sienna did not want to cooperate. Natalia, on the other hand, was in quite the silly mood. When I asked her to make a funny face, this is what she gave me. I can tell that Natalia is excited about everything Christmas. I can tell that she remembers some from last year. She loves the tree and she has been having fun helping Hector and I wrap presents. She will be a blast this year. Natalia mostly just referred to Sienna as "the baby" since Sienna joined our lives. Lately, Natalia has been trying to call her by name. It is really cute because she pronounces it as, "Senena". It is cuter if you hear her say it.
2 comments:
so I have to ask - is it a real tree? :)
I love that one picture with her in front of the tree. She looks like she is going to pop! How fun.
Post a Comment