Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Six Years
Hector and I have been married for six years. We celebrated our anniversary while we were on vacation at my parents' house. Our actual anniversary fell on Grandpa Camp, so we celebrated a little early by going out to dinner one night before the house was totally filled with guests. It was a nice and laid back anniversary. Honestly, on the actual anniversary day, I totally forgot it was even our anniversary. We had a lot going on that day. But even though I did not spend much time thinking about my anniversary on the actual day, I would say that Hector and I are in a really good place in our marriage. We have long passed the Honeymoon phase and I am happy to say that we have also moved past the disillusionment phase. I love Hector for his perfections and his flaws (hopefully her feels the same way about me; I know that he does). I love that we are tackling the challenges of parenting together. I love that we get to share our lives, hobbies, goals and dreams together. We have had and continue to have fun working together on our goals. Six years at times seems like a long time. It is hard to imagine not being married anymore. I know that in the big picture six years is nothing, so I look forward to many more good years of marriage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment