Monday, June 6, 2016

Natalia's Cake





My baby girl is seven.  I had plans to make Natalia a fairy house cake.  I ordered this mold to make a cool door and they sent me the wrong thing, so I had to change my plans.  I was just going to make a butterfly cake.  When I went to a cake show a couple months ago I saw this cool sugar-veil technique that I have been wanting to try.  It looked so easy and pretty.  I attempted many times and invested much more time than anticipated and was not thrilled with the outcome, but her cake turned out cute enough regardless.  

Natalia is an amazing little seven year old.  She has really grown up so much this year.  She has best friends now, but still likes everyone she knows.  She loves her teachers, both at school and at church.  She loves to learn.  Math is currently her favorite subject.  She is really good at it and likes to work hard.  She recently made big leaps in her reading and it is fun seeing her really ingest chapter books on her own now.  She continues to love art class and all things artsy.  I am impressed with some of her paintings she brings home.  

She loves to play outside, especially when the neighbor kids are playing.  She is a good big sister.  Sienna and Estelle both play nicer when Natalia is home.  I am looking forward to summer time and having her home all the time.  

Natalia has become good at strategy and games; she beats me often now.  She is funny and sweet and overall just an amazing girl.  I am so proud of her and the girl she is becoming.  I know that she will continue to wow us.  

No comments: