Christmas morning was so much fun. I heard Natalia wake up about 6:15. I then heard her tell Sienna that they could not get out of bed yet because if Santa came and they were out of bed he would take the gifts to someone elses house. I had to laugh and it was a full half hour before Natalia finally came into our room to ask if it was okay to get out of bed. She was so excited. I love how excited she gets about the simplest things. She got to go through her stocking as soon as we got down stairs and she was so excited that she got her own chap stick.
Sienna would be super cute one moment and then grumpy the next. She acted like I was a terrible mother every time I would try to get her to open a present. After stockings we ate breakfast...this helped Sienna be a little happier.
Hector and I always have fun getting gifts for each other.
After breakfast the girls started opening gifts. Natalia has been wanting some small Lego's. I picked up a bunch for really cheap at a garage sale so I got out a few of them for her this year. Both girls just wanted to start building. We let them play for awhile before we opened more.
I got Natalia some new socks and both girls thought it was great fun to try them on. Again, I love that the simple things can make my kids to happy.
I got Hector some new clothes and Natalia thought it was fun to try them on.
Every book that Natalia opened she had to then look at every single page before she would move on to the next gift. I love that Natalia is so fascinated with books. I hope that this passion never ceases.
A friend from Hector's work gave us some presents and Natalia could not wait to open the present in the Mickey Mouse paper. She talked about it so much and on Christmas morning she kept asking to open the Mickey Mouse paper present. It was in the back so she had to wait awhile.
Sienna had to take a little break, but she was happier when she came back to gift opening.
And she was so happy to be reunited with her candy cane that she picked out for Hector. I think Sienna just wanted to eat candy all morning.
The last present the girls opened was a box of dress ups. I wish I could have got Natalia's reaction on video. She thought it was the last gift to open, but I had wrapped each dress up individually in the box so when she looked inside she exclaimed, "there are MORE presents in here!" They had fun with the dress ups.
Our morning was fantastic. The girls had fun and we loved watching them. The enthusiasm of Natalia was great and Sienna had moments that she just cracked us up. I love that we get to create fun traditions with our kids. After our morning of gift opening, which took about three hours, we got ready to head down to Hector's parents' house for more Christmas fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment