Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Valentines and Happy Birthday Surprise!



I came home Thursday evening after picking Estelle up from ballet practice and figured I better get to making some dinner.  I went to open my pantry and what did I find inside? 

My Mom, Rachel and Leah!!!  They came to surprise me for my 40th birthday.  I was very surprised; I didn't expect them at all.  Hector had done an amazing job keeping it a secret from me.  Thursdays are busy run kids to activity days.  Somehow he managed to drop Sienna off at basketball at 5:30, then drive to the airport, pick up the travelers, drive back to the house to drop them off and then still get sienna picked up from basketball at 6:30.  He is amazing...and thankfully COVID means the roads are crazy full of traffic like normal.  

Super fun surprise.  We spent the weekend hanging out.  It was super cold outside and most everything was still shutdown, so our options were limited, but we had fun anyway.  We did some DC sightseeing since Leah had never been here before.  We went out to dinner and played lots of games.  

And since they came for my birthday...they were also here for Valentine's Day.  They got to join us for our fancy feast.  We loved having extra guests to share the love with.  

I had to work the last day they were here.  It was the first day of volleyball tryouts for our weird COVID season and I had to run four practices that day.  I did manage to sneak home at lunchtime and see them for one more hour before they had to leave.  It was a fantastic birthday with fantastic people.  


















 

1 comment:

Marianne Gappmayer Thayne said...

What a great surprise. That must have been one of the best moments ever. I loved those pictures.