Christmas Prep started the day after Thanksgiving at Grandma's House. All the kids were excited to help set up Grandma's tree. They did a great job.
It was so nice to have a good week between Thanksgiving and the start of December. I need that time to get things planned for all the December fun. It was especially good this year because I have had such a full plate, that the extra prep time helped me keep my sanity. I love Christmas time. I love all the planning and activities and events, but it is nice to not feel rushed to have everything ready right after Thanksgiving.
The girls could not wait for December, so we set up our tree early too. It looks fantastic and we all had fun getting out the ornaments and remembering all the fun adventures we have taken over the past few years. We had lots of new ornaments to add from 2017.
I have not been great about taking pictures this December. Part of it is good, I don't want to be one of the those parents that is always behind the camera. They capture some good photos, but they miss the experience. Other times, I am just forgetful and neglectful and just haven't taken a picture for not good reason at all.
We did the craft fair and Santa again this year. He is the best Santa; he really engages with the kids and makes them feel special. Plus there are crafts and cookies and lots of fun things to see. It just so happened that when we showed up, we ran into a couple of the girls friends and they got to do Santa and crafts with us.
1 comment:
I love the pictures. Looks like so much fun. Especially the last one. Very nice.
Post a Comment