Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year

We had a fun New Years with friends this year.  Natalia stayed up way to late.  She eventually fell asleep on my lap...she was very cute.  The other kids were super loud at midnight will all of the excitement of the new year,  but my girls slept right through it all; it was great.  We stayed up till almost three in the morning and while it was super fun, we were feeling the pain the next day.  On New Years we went down to Hector's parents' after church to welcome in the new year.  Both Hector and I at some point in the evening fell asleep on the couch.






2011 seemed to fly buy, but it was a great year.  The best part of the year was welcoming Sienna into the family.  She is the sweetest little thing and we love that she is part of our little family.  We have enjoyed watching her learn to sit, eat, crawl, and stand.  We have loved watching her make funny faces, giggle and start to babble.  2011 had many sleepless nights at the end of the pregnancy and the beginning of Sienna's life, but the second half of the year Sienna allowed to us to get lots of sleep.  Sienna has truly been a happy for girl in 2011.  Natalia turned two in 2011.  She has grown up so much over the year.  She went from a shy little quiet wallflower to a social butterfly.  She is a chatter box and we love to hear all the funny things that she comes up with.  She has really gotten into the world of imagination.  She loves to play pretend and it has been so fun to see her develop this side of her personality.  She loves to read books and play with her friends.  I could go on and on about her accomplishments.  We have had so much fun with her this year and I cannot believe how big she has gotten.  2011 has been great for Hector and I as well.  I finished teaching, enjoyed another season of coaching volleyball and have really enjoyed switching into my role as a full time mother.  Hector is still working hard at his job.  He has some good opportunities to shine and he seems to be receiving more recognition for his expertise.  It has been a great year for us and we are excited to welcome 2012.

I also found a little gem that someone had thrown out in the trash.  I picked up this cool antique stroller a couple days before New Years.  I think it is from the late 1800s or early 1900s.  When I saw it getting ready to be crushed by the garbage truck, I had to pick it up.  Mom, these pictures are mostly for you so you can see what I am talking about. 


3 comments:

Debbie said...

It sounds like your New Years Eve was awsome, but I must say that that stroller is way more awsome that what I had pictured. That is so cool and I am so glad that you saved it. It is such a neat antique. I don't know what you will do with it, but you sure can not throw it away now that you have saved it. I love it !!!!

Love, Mom

Marianne Gappmayer Thayne said...

That is just an awesome stroller. What a find. I immediately wondered who might have been pushed in that--wow. (Please don't fill it up with plants!) I love your family pictures in front of the tree they are so nice.

Becky said...

You guys are such a cute family! Enjoy the cool antique!! What an awesome find! I love stuff like that : ) Happy New Year from The Bennetts : )